Scope and Consent
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of Wexford Services, and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
Information we collect automatically
Information you provide to us.
We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Wexford Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Wexford Services.
Information from other sources.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
Authentication and Fraud Detection.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with Wexford Services. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
Using Your Mobile Device.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
When you access our website or use Wexford Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, «Flash cookies,» or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively «Cookies»). We use these technologies to:
- recognize you as a customer;
- customize Wexford Services, content, and advertising;
- measure promotional effectiveness;
- help ensure that your account security is not compromised;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud;
- to promote trust and safety across our sites and Wexford Services.
How We Protect and Store Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in North America, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
How We Share Personal Information with Other Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to market Wexford-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Wexford or one of its affiliates when we need to do so.
Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management;
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional);
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging into your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. If you close your Wexford account, we will mark your account in our database as «Closed,» but may retain personal information from your account for a certain period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.